Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

is this true?

Old 09-06-2002, 05:51 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is this true?

would a stun gun applied to the frame of the car zap the brain of an alarm and render it useless?
Old 09-06-2002, 09:16 PM
LjN_728

Default Re: is this true?

Originally posted by 94uhkord
would a stun gun applied to the frame of the car zap the brain of an alarm and render it useless?

I never heard that one before...but hmmm let me think about that one? I wouldn't think so because first of all ur frame is virtually the negative or grounding. Now because you are touching the frame (-) with a separate (+) source, the stun gun, it shouldn't anything. Now if u were to touch the frame with the same battery's (+), you'll get a prob. Anybody else got any ideas?!?
Old 09-06-2002, 09:21 PM
b00gers

MAYBE

if the gun was strong enough and the car cant ground the power from it fast enough? and it stuns the battery?

i dunno
Old 09-07-2002, 10:05 AM
Cashis EG8
Registered Rota Dealer

Hmm theoretically the frame of the car would act like a "wire" and when you apply tons of current to a wire, it gets hot and eventually melts, so I'm guessing the frame gets heated a little and u see some nice sparks? but don't quote me on any of this
Old 09-07-2002, 08:49 PM
BUMPIN' 4 U
Certified JACKASS

Default Re: is this true?

Originally posted by 94uhkord
Hold on !!!! I'll try it with my asshole neighbor.
Old 09-08-2002, 10:25 AM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Default Re: Re: is this true?

Originally posted by BUMPIN' 4 U

Hold on !!!! I'll try it with my asshole neighbor.
LOL, don't get caught.
Old 09-08-2002, 11:39 AM
Bass Mechanic

no because the car would povide a shield around the alarm. the only way i can think of that you might be able to zap somthing that way would require a lightning bolt right down the antenna of the alarm brain.
ive seen the question asked before about could you rig up some way to zap someone if they touched the car.
and here is the scoop.
it would be possible to zap someone if they touched the car with the alarm going off but you would have to have some way to connect a ground wire to the ground they are standing on. then connect a high voltage coil like one used for spark plugs and connect that to the frame of the car.
if the person and the conductor under the car were both grounded well enough it might work. but i would not want to be the one testing it out.