Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Sirius output in stock Nav Screen of '03 Accort

Old 08-01-2005, 01:51 PM
SqueakyTL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius output in stock Nav Screen of '03 Accort

Is it possible to get a Sirius tuner which will use the interface from the radio/nav screen of the 03 Accord?

Or will I be forced to get an aftermarket component to mount somewhere?
Old 08-19-2005, 06:33 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your will need to get an aftermarket setup.

However, you can use either the new Sirius Starmate FM modulator system or a Kenwood KCA-R71FM controller and a KEN-SIR1 tuner.

Now, both of the above are hardwired FM modulator setups. In the TSX, and I assume maybe in the 7th gen Accord. The OE antenna lead has a split connector just behind the dash cubby so if you choose you don't need to remove the radio, just the so called CD cubby pocket under the HVAC controls.

I have a Kenwood KCA-R70FM controller (same as newer 71 model) and an older Gen 2, Kenwood 902 Tuner in our TSX using this setup.

It sounds very good. I've used this setup several times with OE headunits and had great results. However, the Kenwood 902 and 903 tuners both have RCA outputs. (I'm not sure if the new KEN-SIR1 gen 2.5 tuners does or now) So if you choose you can run RCA's to the OE headunit and feed the signal into a SHonda3 type RCA plug adapter vai the OE headunit MP3 optional plug.

The 902 and 903 Kenwood tuners are no longer sold new, but you can pick up new ones for near free cheap on ebay. And they will work on the newer model KCA-R71FM controller just fine. You could do a complete setup for well under $100 easy. For the 902 or 903 Kenwood tuner you will also need a Terk3 model Sirius antenna as well.

This is our KCA-R70FM controller in our TSX, but my buddy has a R71FM in his TSX, it's the same unit, new part number. I installed this unit, with the optional provided din plate in the TSX dash cubby, you could also use the Honda MP3-CD din install kit avail. form the dealer to do the same I would assume.

The older 902 and 903 tuners need a Terk3 antenna like this model.

The newer KEN-SIR1 tuner includes a Sirius antenna however. But some users report the older 902/903 tuners are more robust over time.

This is a Kenwood KTC 902 tuner in the trunk of my Accord for reference.

You can pick up the KCA-R71FM controller at Crutchfield's new, and use either a KEN-SIR1 for the tuner (also at Crutchfield). But I think it's a better deal to find a Kenwood 902-903 tuner on ebay new. The market got flooded with these tuners during a rebate deal and now you can score them cheap. But be sure you also hunt down a Terk3 single wire Sirius antenna. Kenwood also sold a version of the same antenna under their name. I think It was a KCA40 or something.

The 902 and 903 may also work with newer Sirius antennas but I can't be sure. I have a newer JVC-SIR1 tuner in my leased company car and the connector did not look the same as my Terk3 in the TSX or my Accord.

I hope I haven't confused you too much.