Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Viper alarm worth it?

Old 07-29-2005, 11:52 PM
Accord-90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Viper alarm worth it?

They have like packages i am looking at the one right below the top one with remote entry and all that good stuff. Just not auto start and door popers.. Any ways. If it worth it to put one on my 1990 Honda EX? I have about 4g's worth the speakers and shit in there. Would it be worth it? Or just say no and buy a car that has one on it?

Nick.
Old 07-31-2005, 06:25 PM
oei28

If you know a little about your car's wiring and alarm components or are willing to take some time to learn about them (SPDT relays, diodes, etc), then get one on eBay. I got a Viper 671xv on eBay for about $120 and installed it myself in about 4 hours a couple weeks ago. And I taught myself everything a couple days before I installed it lol. www.the12volt.com was extremely helpful.

BTW, go for buy it now's since eBay likes to randomly delete Viper alarm auctions.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:37 PM
Takoon

Originally Posted by oei28
If you know a little about your car's wiring and alarm components or are willing to take some time to learn about them (SPDT relays, diodes, etc), then get one on eBay. I got a Viper 671xv on eBay for about $120 and installed it myself in about 4 hours a couple weeks ago. And I taught myself everything a couple days before I installed it lol. www.the12volt.com was extremely helpful.

BTW, go for buy it now's since eBay likes to randomly delete Viper alarm auctions.
yup, once you get the basis of the wiring and what does what, you can install it yourself. Hell you can even run in an external line for them "just in case" situations.