Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

recommendation for keyless/alarm

Old 05-14-2005, 07:57 AM
phillyfordyce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default recommendation for keyless/alarm

i was wondering what everyone knows about keyless alarm systems for Accords. is there a specific brand to get/stay away from?
i have found from personal experience and my installer agrees, that the DESIGN TECH 26724 AutoCommand® Deluxe is a very good system for the price.

let me know what you experts have found.

thanks
Old 05-14-2005, 08:14 AM
Cosmo M3
Lurker

Originally Posted by phillyfordyce
i was wondering what everyone knows about keyless alarm systems for Accords. is there a specific brand to get/stay away from?
i have found from personal experience and my installer agrees, that the DESIGN TECH 26724 AutoCommand® Deluxe is a very good system for the price.

let me know what you experts have found.

thanks
they probably recommend that because they are a distributor of that brand. With biases aside...

You can't go wrong with the OEM Honda alarms. Any DEI products will do also (VIPER, Clifford, etc)
Old 05-14-2005, 10:11 AM
phillyfordyce

actually the guy that installs them, will do any system. he has been a freind of mine for several years. he doesnt make a profit off the system as he just installs them for me for free. so i see no bias in them at all.

others?
Old 05-14-2005, 12:36 PM
kmcaprice14

I have heard good things about the ones with the mobile pager systems that alert you when the alarm goes off. Im not too sure their specs, but they claim to have ranges of up to 1/2 a mile.

I was thinking about looking at one like this for myself. It would be nice to get a page, or a beep on my key chain signifying that my alarm is going off instead of going outside to find a rock through my windshield cause my alarm drove someone crazy. Plus I hear that some are fairly good systems regardless of the page feature.
Old 05-15-2005, 11:20 AM
VPUPPY

if you getting an alarm, i would stay away from factory alarms. they are easier to install but aftermarket alarms allow you to add additional sensors(motion sensors, glass break, shock sensors). DEI(VIPER, CLIFFORD, etc.) alarms are some of the better quality alarms. as for the pager alarms, i have one and i like it. they cost a bit more, but it gives you a better sense of what is going on with your car.
Old 05-15-2005, 03:22 PM
Akkord
wickiwickiwickiwicki yo'

I installed the Crime Guard 533i4 that I bought for my 6th gen LX from Crutchfield. I bought 3 harnesses from Crutchfield as well. The alarm kicks major arse, and took all of 2 hours to install myself. SImply unplug the factory harnesses and plug the new ones in. I highly recommend this system. The best thing is that if i ever want to sell my car and keep the alarm, I can merely unplug the harnesses and buy new ones to fit whatever car I would be getting afterwards.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:30 PM
Illegal B16
New Zealand

viper 791 with a back-up battery and a motion sensor. Add your horn to the alarm and an extra siren, and some pizzo's (ear piercers0 for the inside. Hood locks are nice too.