Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Keyless receiver

Old 05-11-2005, 11:21 AM
meitzner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keyless receiver

Just bought a 97 Civic LX with aftermarket stereo. Want OEM keyless so I bought a Metra harness and radio tuner from a 96 LX. Installed it fine and all the connectors fit right (although it didn't ask for a code, which i thought it would), but when I go to program it (following several types of instructions) and push the Valet/Prog button, the locks are supposed to cycle and instead nothing happens. Does this indicate that the radio isn't a match.

Also the FCC ID# on the radio ends in x102 whereas the FCC ID# on the remote ends in x101. Think this is ok? Not that it matters if the very first step in the programming won't work.

thanks
Old 05-11-2005, 05:40 PM
VPUPPY

did you connect the green plug behind the dash in to the 96 lx radio? does the 96 lx radio power up?
Old 05-12-2005, 09:23 AM
meitzner

Yeah, I connected the green plug and it fit perfectly. The radio powers up fine - although since the Metra harness supplies only power, aux, and ground there's no sound coming out (obviously). All the controls appear to work too - volume, scanning, etc. I'm baffled - although this would've been amazing if it actually worked on the first try. Any ideas on how to tell if the Green plug is ok, or if something in the radio/keyless receiver is busted? I have a Haynes manual, but it doesn't give pin-outs or voltage estimates for the green plug or the radio side of the plug. One note - the dome light function DOES work now with the new radio installed...which would lead me to believe that the harness is ok...but i don't know. any idea?