Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

wiring help

Old 05-04-2005, 10:18 AM
jr22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring help

ok im new to installing a system...i am going to wire two subs in parallel. i bought a sealed box to hold both of them....my question is how do i wire them in parallel. i am trying to go from the + of one to the + of the other and then from - of one to the - of the other. my problem is that there is that one piece of wood inside the box that separates the two subs. do i make a hole in it to pass the speaker cable to the other sub or will that ruin the box? thanks in advance for ur help
Old 05-04-2005, 11:44 AM
b00gers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wiring 2 subs in parallel:

+ of SUB1 to + of SUB2...connected to + of amp.
- of SUB1 to - of SUB2...connected to - of amp.

With your box you can do it two ways. Do it inside of the box. That will require you to drill a hole in the divider, and run a speaker wire between the two subs. If you want you can seal that hole with some caulk, but it might not be needed since it is a sealed enclosure anyway. Then from where, have one side be connected to a terminal, then to the amp.

Or you can do this outside of the box. This will require you to have 2 terminal cups, one for each sub. Connect the subs together on the outside. From either of the terminal cups, run it to an amp.