Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Problem with CD player aftering replacing car battery

Old 04-25-2005, 12:34 PM
Snoop123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with CD player aftering replacing car battery

Hi,

After replacing the car battery for my 99 Acura 2.3 CL, my CD player no longer works, showing "Err-3". In the manual, it indicates that I should be able to enter my security code to get the CD player working, but that does not work for me.

Has anyone seen this before and does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks a lot!
Old 04-25-2005, 12:54 PM
b00gers

What do you mean by, "it does not work for me"?

Are you not able to enter the code? Is the code incorrect according to the CD player?
Old 04-25-2005, 12:59 PM
Snoop123

I entered the code and nothing happens, the display still shows "Err-3". I assume the code is right -- it is the only code I have anyway.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:23 PM
b00gers

Originally Posted by Snoop123
I entered the code and nothing happens, the display still shows "Err-3". I assume the code is right -- it is the only code I have anyway.

Did you buy this car brand new? Maybe it is the wrong code?
Old 04-26-2005, 05:14 AM
Snoop123

I got the car brand new, and the code comes with the manual of the car, so I assume it is the correct code.

Actually initially after the battery got replaced, I didn't know that I needed to enter a security code, so I was clicking on a few buttons on the CD player but nothing was happening. Then I realized I needed to enter a security code. The CD player was working fine before the battery replacement, so I doubt that it is a real mal-function. My guess is that whatever I did before I entered the security code might have caused the problem. Perhaps there is a way I can "reboot" the CD player to bring it back to its initial state so that I can try to enter the security code again?

Thanks!
Old 04-26-2005, 05:22 AM
RsxSpeed
SupaCharga!

that code means that you've tried too many times to put the code in.
you have to disconnest the battery again and then try and put the code in...
your radio thinks you stole it
Old 04-26-2005, 05:23 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

ERR-3 is a typical "jammed cd" code.

you sure nothing is in the player currently?
Old 04-26-2005, 05:35 AM
Snoop123

Yes, I think there is a CD in the CD player, but it is a catch-22 situation, because I can't get the CD player to work and so I cannot get the CD out. Does anyone know how I can take the CD out?

About the number of times I have entered the code wrong, I read in the manual that if I keep the CD player turned on for an hour it should reset itself, and I should be able to enter the security code again. So that's what I will try first, before I go through the hassle to disconnect the battery. But not sure if this is the problem or it could be the jammed CD.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:44 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

Originally Posted by Snoop123
About the number of times I have entered the code wrong, I read in the manual that if I keep the CD player turned on for an hour it should reset itself, and I should be able to enter the security code again. So that's what I will try first, before I go through the hassle to disconnect the battery. But not sure if this is the problem or it could be the jammed CD.
When the player is ready for the security code, it'll ask for it for sure. You can't miss it.

If you're getting the Err3, your best bet is to focus on getting that disc out first. Clear the 1st code, then the radio will ask for the security junk next.

When you enter in the wrong security code, the radio will ask for it again in an hour or less. My girlfriend didn't have the code to her TL's radio and kept hitting random numbers hoping to get lucky. :chuckles: The radio never, ever permanently stayed locked.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:15 AM
RsxSpeed
SupaCharga!

well i work for an acura dealership... so at THIS dealership that code means you've entered it too many time... need to disconnect bettery and try again

and i dont think the codes vary from dealership to dealership so.....