Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Help with Capacitor instalation please..

Old 04-04-2005, 06:16 PM
Devin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Capacitor instalation please..

i jus got a rockford fosgate cap 1 farad from a friend, i was wonderin if anyone could give me instructions on how to hook it up like what wires go where and where they come from?... itd be nice if i could get like a diagram or sumthin simply on paint or jus try to explain it...thanks, my email is db1988_2007@yahoo.com if ud wanna go threw the trouble of sendin me a diagram itd be deaply appreciated......
Old 04-04-2005, 07:24 PM
b00gers

That is a basic outline for a basic cap. Some people like to ground the amp and cap together, I dont. Either way should work fine. The ground for the amp and cap should be as short as possible. This is assuming that the cap is already charged.

Questions?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
untitled.JPG (24.3 KB, 42 views)
Old 04-07-2005, 08:15 PM
Devin

Default PLZ HELP!

thx alot that helps big time...but i dunno if the CAP is charged...i read how to CHARGE it but i dont understand the part with the light i dont know where to get one with 2 wires comin off of it to hook to where the fuse goes which im asuming its the fuse on the amp wire...maybe another way to charge it?

Last edited by Devin; 05-04-2005 at 06:28 PM. Reason: words in wrong place...lol