Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Can you get a pager alarm on an S2000?

Old 04-04-2005, 09:29 AM
jonathanhubbard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you get a pager alarm on an S2000?

Hi,

I've got a 2002 S2000 GT, and it's got a CAT1 alarm on it, but I have to leave my car in a dodgy car park when I go to work. I can't see the car, but it's only about 200 meters from my office, so I'm thinking a Pager Alarm might be a good idea.

Does anyone know much about these? I've seen some on ebay, and online stores, but they look like they may be quite hard to install.

Can I get an add-on to the standard s2000 alarm that will incorporate a pager?

Thanks
Old 04-04-2005, 10:10 PM
DaNnYsEvEn
ThInK PiNk!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont see why you wouldnt be able to install an aftermarket alarm on your car...most alarms if not all are universal. best thing i would do was to rip out the old one. i ended up buying a galaxy alarm off ebay..(170 with window roll ups).. i went to a shop to get it installed and they charged me 125 bucks which wasnt bad...after a few weeks i decided to go with autopage. so what i did since i had the manuals for both systems i ended up just matching and cutting the wire untill everything was connected...i even ended up adding a cut off switch. i dont know how the hell i did it but it worked. i think i did a better job then the cocky jackass who installed it in the first place!!... for an alarm install i would recommend pro install..but if you have the manual for your existing alarm you may be able to pull it off..depends on how well you are with wiring and such....
as for brands.....i bought an autopage rs 855 off ebay for 180. and i love it...it always works...
well good luck and let me know how everything goes