Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

How to clean radio/tape heads??

Old 03-26-2005, 09:57 AM
FrOzEnSoLiD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to clean radio/tape heads??

I gotta '93 accord lx with the stock radio/tape player. Their is a small orange light that is on and under it it says "clean". Do i have to buy a special tape that cleans it or can i do it myself? I know that when my VCR gets dirty, i just pop it open, and clean the head with a cotton swap soaked in rubbing alcohol. thanx
Old 04-15-2005, 10:10 AM
95tegRS

all you have to do is hold the button down and reset it. (the orange light is a button). those stock decks have a memory that reminds you to clean, but i dont think its really nessasary unless your noticing some major sound problems
Old 04-15-2005, 11:02 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

although there are ways to reset the light, cleaning a 12 year old deck might be a good idea.

they might be hard to find now, but there are cleaner tapes out there. they look idential to normal cassettes but have soft pads where the ribbon should be. you drop on a provided cleaning solution to the pads, then insert the tape into the deck for 30 seconds.