Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

new head unit install problums, helppppppp

Old 03-17-2005, 11:15 AM
90civic4door

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new head unit install problums, helppppppp

Hey, I hope someone has some insight on this. My friend installed a new head unit into my car while I was away. When I got back, it doesn't work. He said I had to register it for it to work,.... Which im preety sure is untrue. Now the wierd thing is when I turn my car on it makes a noise like the CD player is moving around, but the face never has any power to it. I would ask my friend wtf he did wrong and fix it, but hes in jail for a little while.......... so does anyone have any thoughts??? Thanks in advance!
Old 03-17-2005, 05:42 PM
VPUPPY

what kind of radio and what kinda car? how did he wire it in - did he cut the factory wiring or did he use a harness to plug into the cars harness? is the cd player face a detachable face?
Old 03-18-2005, 05:36 AM
JL95AccorD

Is he in jail because of the way that he aquired the HU?
Old 03-18-2005, 06:48 AM
90civic4door

My cars a 90 civic ex sedan. The HU is a blaupunkt, ill have to look up the exact model when I get home. He bought it off of a site that gave him some harness that I guess he used eletrical tape to connect the two together, at leats thats what it looked liked when I (wiring challenged) looked at it.. and to jl, hes in for "possestion of illegal substances with attempt to sell" or something to that nature.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:05 AM
Special K

Your best bet is to look up the wiring diagram and make sure the harness was connected properly. Not to be rude or anything but if the guy who installed it used electrical tape to connect it, odds are that's where your problem is if you're not getting any power at all.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:17 PM
VPUPPY

recheck the connections and make sure the colors match up. also, just cuz he used electrical tape does not mean he did a bad job. just make sure he soldered the wires.