Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

advantages to an inverted sub? how to do it..

Old 03-13-2005, 05:39 AM
k3ifers
k three ifers

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default advantages to an inverted sub? how to do it..

im gonna re-build my trunk setup this spring, and i was thinking that i could have my 2 loud speakers facing me when my back seat is down, and 1 sub's magnet facing the cabin as well. i have an alpine type-r, is this even worth doing? the only reason i want to do it is for looks, but if its gonna sound like shit, im not gonna do it.

also, how do i make the box to hold it? same way as if the magnet was put inside the box?

hope this makes sense, i dont think it does
Old 03-13-2005, 09:14 AM
b00gers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The box will hold it the same way it holds a regular mounted speaker. This will increase your box's displacement since the basket and magnet will no longer be taking up room on the inside of the box. But this will take up more room in the trunk since the basket and magnets are sticking out on the outside. I dont know if I am reading it correctly, but if you want one mounted regularly and another mounted invertly...you will have to wire the inverted one the opposite way (IIRC).

Is it worth doing, no. h: