Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Help

Old 03-03-2005, 11:24 AM
chipsterlea

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help

I just had a new cd player installed by a friend in my 90 ls as I was driving down the road I smelled something burning come to find out it was my wiring harness. After taking a look it seems as if the wiring has melted together from the from the factory wiring harness back to the instrument panel cluster. Do i need to replace all the wires under the dash or can i just get it from the instrument panel to the cd player wiring harness. As info the instrument panel lights to the speedometer doesnt work anymore or does the right turn signal but the left turn signal works fine. Can someone please tell me how to fix this problem or where would be the best place to buy anew wiring harness Thanks.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:57 PM
VPUPPY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i don't think its seperate, but i could be wrong. best place for a factory replacement is to goto a junk yard. you may be able to cut the harness off a car and splice it in depending upon how much damage was done.