Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

2005 Civic amp wiring

Old 02-07-2005, 08:34 AM
anibis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Civic amp wiring

I have a 2005 Civic EX 5-speed and I cannot find any place to run my power wire through the firewall, anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-07-2005, 04:52 PM
kill_kill_kill
it's sarcastic dude

there is a pre-existing hole, look under carpet on passenger side
(maybe not true for 2005 but I would think).
Old 02-07-2005, 09:39 PM
anibis

There was no plug on my car on the passenger side, I ended up poking a hole through one of the wire grommets and pulled it through there, it was at the very top of the carpet towards the center console on the passenger side. For those who try this, be careful because it would be a pain in the arse to fix some wires in that grommet if you cut any.
Old 04-16-2005, 07:37 PM
kali31

did the stock deck have pre-outs for an amp ? and how did you get i out the head unit? Im trying to get it out but not going too well
Old 04-16-2005, 07:56 PM
ihookitup4u

watch out for the steering bar running the amp wire that low it normally runs rite into the steering bar so zip tie it to the firewall before running it to the battery.

As far as the deck you need to remove the shifter ring then the strips from the dash to the center console pry outwards after the strips are loose then pull aways from dash the bezel will pop out unplug lighter and look up to the bottom or the deck there are 2 8mm bolts and push the deck out from rear if you try to pull from the front out will prolly snap the vents apart..

Good luck it is kinda a leap of faith and it will scare a newbie when it comes out it sound horrible.