Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

JVC head unit harness wiring

Old 02-06-2005, 01:56 AM
winniedad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JVC head unit harness wiring

Hi I have a JVC KD-S590 Head unit that I am going to install in my car. Anyhow the problem is the wiring plug (or harness, whatever it is called) looks like somebody has messed with the wires and I am not sure if the wiring is correct. The unit has a wiring diagram on the bottom but I cannot fully comprehend it because it shows all the wires laid out flat, not a pin to pin diagram. It is a 16 pin connector and I was wondering if anyone out there has a good diagram or picture of which wire goes to which pin, that would greatly help me out. I tried going on the JVC website but it shows the same diagram as in bottom of the head unit.
Old 02-07-2005, 02:14 PM
EGPrelude

do you just have the black harness that plugs into the back of the JVC headunit and no wires are attached to it?!
Old 02-07-2005, 03:13 PM
winniedad

Default wiring harness

yes I do have the harness and all the wiring is there but it does not look right, looks like the wiring was messed with. If someone out there had a JVC KD-S590 or similiar head unit all I need is to know is what color wire goes into the harness looking at it from the back of the unit. It is a 16 pin harness. Thanks.