Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

help with factory alarm

Old 02-04-2005, 06:59 AM
spedly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with factory alarm

I have a 97 civic with the factory alarm setup. I caqme out to my car this morning and relised that neither of my remotes worked. I tried to unlock the door with the key but as soon as i opened it the alarm went off. The only way to shut the alarm back off was to shut the door. The door then automaticly locked itself. Any help on what to do to correct the problem? Will removing the radio shut it off? as i understand that the alarm is run through the radio

thanks
steve
Old 02-04-2005, 08:14 AM
VPUPPY

removing the radio will disable it. are your batteries good the both remotes(little light on top flashes)? you should only have to pull the radio out, the alarm brain is on the top of radio, with a green connector, just disconnect that and the alarm should stop but you will loose your dome light.
Old 02-04-2005, 08:58 AM
spedly

thanks for the help. One other thing i forgot to add was the car won't start. If I remove the radio will the car start or will it need to be reset
Old 02-04-2005, 09:09 AM
VPUPPY

all you need to do it just unplug the green plug on top of the radio. remember if you disconnect the radio, you need to input a code to make it work again(i believe, may be not). the car SHOULD start, from my past experience it was not a problem once the brain was disconnected.
Old 02-04-2005, 09:20 AM
spedly

thanks. i just found a thread on how to remove the alarm and still have keyless entry so i'm gonna giveit a shot.