Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

system recom. & alarm

Old 02-02-2005, 09:43 AM
gingas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default system recom. & alarm

Hey everyone, I have a few ????? I have a 91 Civic Si w/ Kenwood head unit, Kenwood 6.5 in doors. I also have a house speaker for my bass 4 now. Here's my ??s, 10" bass tube(what kind) or 2 10" Audiobahns in band pass box As for the amp what kind? Do I need more than 1 amp if I wanted to run my door speakers also? I don't want to spend no more than $300-350 total. I'm married, so I have alot of other responsibilties mortgae. etc. I just need more bass but don't want too much weight 4 performance reasons. My last ?? what's a good alarm system. No power windows or locks & what place would anyone recommend in the Waldorf, Md area. Thanks for any help anyone can give, Gingas
Old 02-02-2005, 02:42 PM
Mike__

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you may not get what you want for $350 unless you're buying low-end hardware IMHO. If you want more bass you may have to sacrifice a little performance because you drive a light car 10" would be ok, they tend to be very punchy, 12" would give you better bass, but again with the $$$ if yo want to run your door speakers, rear speakers AND a sub off the same amp, you would need to buy a 5 channel amplifier, and you would probably want a head unit with sub control. Problem is that everyone's opinion on sound quality, and good sound differs, so shop around everywhere you can, first for what you want, and then for the best price.