Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Installing aftermarket speakers?

Old 02-01-2005, 08:20 AM
speed_69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing aftermarket speakers?

i dont' really have much of a clue how to install car audio speakers so..

the part where i'm stuck is i took out the stock speakers but want to put the used alpine type-s speakers but they dont' have a connector. do i just rip the ones off me stock ones and solder them onto the alpines or what? any websites or tips would be helpful.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:15 PM
orbit77

you could rip them off the old speakers but that would more trouble than good. just go to a store and get the right speaker harness for your car and all you have to do is plug the adapter together and your good to go.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:28 AM
speed_69

What kind of stores do i buy the harness at and about how much do they cost?
Old 02-03-2005, 11:34 AM
97teg

Usally can cut the wires and just put crimp connectors on it and it should work. Or you can get one of these

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-75veFkN...g=103100&avf=N

scroll down to honda. You can solder but i usally like connectors so I can take them off easily if I need to.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:26 PM
Exempt
2 tone Rex

Yea, id go the connector route when it comes to speakers, simply because eventually u will need to remove them... U can get the right connectors at any Radio Shack... Just bring the speaker with u, tho I think they are universal for the most part... And get connectors... I think the negative is a smaller one, and the positive is a wider one... The link to crutchfeild above has them aswell (female quick slides)... but Id rather get them locally than have to wait for them to ship... Then goto your wiring, and just splice into it, add the connectors, connect it and your good... Remember that black, is usually the negative wire...
Old 02-03-2005, 06:08 PM
orbit77

i would go with the connectors so on the long run if you decide to put the factory or someone buys the car off of you it'll be easier on the installer. they should just cost like ten bucks or so but if you do cut them i can check the color code for your car at work.
Old 02-05-2005, 08:38 PM
Brar
|:]

well i did the exact thing u r planning to do. wat i did was took out the stocks then took off the door panel and i rewired my car. took the doors off and everything (better sound quality) u dont have to rewire but i suggest it. u could use all of the stock things on the car, ur speakers should have come with 2 rings (these act as extenders so they will fit) the size of the speakers. screw those onto the stock speaker housing things then screw in your new speakers *note: your door panels will have to be off* then plug in an ENJOY