Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Factory Deck Problem

Old 01-24-2005, 02:54 PM
carrnut21
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Deck Problem

I have a 98 accord with the factory cd player in the dash. About 1 month ago, i had an amp and two subwoffers installed, and to get the signal for the amp, they installed one of those adapter things that cost about 20 bucks and they just tapped the rear speaker wire for the signal. Today, when i was driving home, i lost all the bass from the subs. When i got home, i folded the rear seat down, and saw that my ground wire had come disconnected. This had happened before, so i just took out the fuse from the power wire, reconnected the ground wire, put the fuse back in, and turned on my radio. The subs were working fine, so i turned it down a little and put my few tools away. I was just going back out to my car when the deck shuts off. I press power, but nothing happens and it will not turn back on. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Let me clarify a little. The cd player and radio are all one piece that fill the entire hole that is under the climate controls. It is not a delear add on.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:34 PM
strychnine
i am legend

checked both fuse boxes?
Old 01-24-2005, 04:25 PM
carrnut21
Banned

No, but i will right now
Old 01-24-2005, 05:24 PM
carrnut21
Banned

I checked the fuses under on the dash and under the hood but i didn't see any labeled for the radio, but i don't know much about fuses, or how they are labeled. All the ones under the dash are not blown. I also pulled the HU out from the dash to check the connections on the back, and everthing was hooked up. I am hoping i am not going to have to buy a new HU, because i am short on money right now.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:38 PM
strychnine
i am legend

i'm hoping it's your fuse, check and double check all the 10's (red) and 15's (blue). a fuse tester is a good thing to have, usually you can tell what's bad by looking but not always. if i think of anything else i'll post, but right now i'm drawing a blank.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:22 PM
carrnut21
Banned

I replaced all of the 10s and 15s in both fuse boxes but the HU still doesn't work.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:15 PM
strychnine
i am legend

take a tester to your 12v (White/Green) & your switched 12v (White/Red) on the harness with the key on to see if it's getting power there. if you're getting power but the hu isn't working it's a hu problem. good luck