Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Help with hardwiring V1 w/switch

Old 01-18-2005, 03:46 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help with hardwiring V1 w/switch

Hey guys,

I bought an on/off switch at radio shack and I'm going to install it next to my cruise control blank. That's no problem, nor is hard wiring the V1 alone. However, I'm unsure about how to wire the switch...it has two metal tabs on the back (I dunno what else to call them, they're for connecting wires to). The V1 comes with an adaptor that you plug the unit into that has a power line and a ground line. My question is, do I run the power line into one of the switch's tabs, and then run another power line from that into the accessory line that I want to wire it into? Or is there another way I'm supposed to do it? I've never wired a switch before. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC04117.JPG (22.1 KB, 23 views)
Old 01-18-2005, 04:22 PM
lgbr
Wal-Mart Shopper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So you're trying to wire a switch to cut the power to the V1 when you want it to?

In that case its simple, plug the power into one tab of the switch, and the other tab of the switch to where that wire is supposed to lead, then when you flip the switch, it will cut or allow power to the V1.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:38 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lgbr
So you're trying to wire a switch to cut the power to the V1 when you want it to?

In that case its simple, plug the power into one tab of the switch, and the other tab of the switch to where that wire is supposed to lead, then when you flip the switch, it will cut or allow power to the V1.
Exactly. Thanks, that was all I wanted to know. I wasn't sure if I had to ground the switch individually...I've been trying to stay away from electrical classes in college