Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Installing Viper 671XV in 92 civic

Old 01-13-2005, 10:08 AM
XScarAudio
///o\\\///o\\\

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ah...just cap it if its stripped already then.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:14 AM
92eg6
99 CG3 Owner

its not even stripped its just chillin
Old 01-13-2005, 10:24 AM
XScarAudio
///o\\\///o\\\

should be fine then.

most important thing, is make sure your ignition kill/starter kill splices are well hidden too..if not, the car is actually easier to steal
Old 01-13-2005, 10:52 AM
92eg6
99 CG3 Owner

yea i took off a very bad crimestopper, that any caviler or eclipse could enable or disable, and it didnt have a shock sensor.i will try and hid the wires as best as i can. thanks for all the help
Old 01-13-2005, 10:57 AM
XScarAudio
///o\\\///o\\\

glad i could help.
Old 01-13-2005, 03:40 PM
SpecialED

Originally Posted by XScarAudio
most important thing, is make sure your ignition kill/starter kill splices are well hidden too..if not, the car is actually easier to steal
Alarms only make it inconvenient for a thief to steal your car. Anyone with experience installing alarms can bypass one in about 5 minutes. Since the wires for the starter are to the key, unless you want to install your starter kill relay somewhere really tricky (like in the engine compartment so it's impossible to see where you did it under the dash), it's not really hard to bypass the starter circuit. Plus, if necessary, a thief could break the steering column lock so that the steering wheel will turn, then hotwire the ignition circuit, and bump start the car (if it's a stick) and drive away.

Also, on Viper alarms (and all DEI products) the starter disable circuit is normally closed - that means that if the thief disables power to the alarm, the starter circuit is automatically re-engaged.

Do yourself a favor and install a hidden ignition or fuel pump cut switch somewhere else. That in combination with the alarm will stop most thieves from getting your car.

Any experienced thief + enough time to work in peace = your car is stolen.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:00 PM
XScarAudio
///o\\\///o\\\

i def. agree. with all of that. in general though, w/ civics etc, there are 3 in every lot, so a well installed alarm might make them move to the next. ALso, a good, loud siren, and making sure your car is either parked smart, or close enough to hear helps a lot.

Even so, an alarm won't prevent damage to the car....which is sad.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:49 PM
92eg6
99 CG3 Owner

i have a problem, the install went good except 2 things, my shock sensor only goes off if you hit the sensor itself, is it in the wrong spot?

and my status led doesnt stop blinking when i turn my alarm off. while i am driving it blinks 2 times, waits 3 seconds and repeats

Please help
Old 01-13-2005, 06:03 PM
XScarAudio
///o\\\///o\\\

check the manual...you prob need to calibrate the sensor.

as to the led, also, check the manual for that code. prob. means a sensor isnt working
Old 01-13-2005, 08:41 PM
VPUPPY

Originally Posted by 92eg6
i have a problem, the install went good except 2 things, my shock sensor only goes off if you hit the sensor itself, is it in the wrong spot?

and my status led doesnt stop blinking when i turn my alarm off. while i am driving it blinks 2 times, waits 3 seconds and repeats

Please help
sounds like you did not tap into the ignition wire correctly. when you turn the key to the on position(ignition wire +12v, yellow wire) resets the alarm. its blinking out a code for what sensor was tripped last. as for the shock sensor make sure its on a thick wire harness and is zip tied very tight. if your still having trouble with it not be sensative enough, turn the orange screw on the sensor to adjust sensitivity. also, that extra green wire on the shock sensor harness is if you add another sensor like a second shock sensor or motion sensor. it does not need to be hooked up unless you add another sensor. just make sure the side with the loop goes to the shock sensor.