Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

stereo setup

Old 01-08-2005, 01:15 PM
gingas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stereo setup

Okay hears the dillyo, have a 91 Civic Si hatch? Head unit Kenwood cassette player.This what I want to do. I also have a Kenwood #kdc-d300 cd player that goes to the Kenwood cassette player. Anyone familiar with the 88-91 civics know you have no room for eq etc.. So I was thinking of getting a 94 up gsr center consle to solve that problem of installing my cd player. Imainly listen to go-go old & new, but I would like to play my cd's also. Now my other questions? I ran into this dude who said he could install a box w/ 2 10's, amp & instalation 4 $ 300. I been to his shop.He also installs tv's etc. Is this a good deal. Also do I need an extra amp to run the door speakers or let the radio power the front speakers. Sorry little long, just wanted some feedback. good looking out. gingas
Old 01-09-2005, 10:31 AM
b00gers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cant really help you with your tape / cd player question...

But in regards to getting a box with 2 10 + amp installed for $300, you really have to watch the quality of stuff you are getting. That is very cheap, and chances are, you are getting very cheap components.

Do you have to have another amp to run the speakers in the door? No. You can use the amp that is inside the HU.