Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Acura 1.7 EL Stereo Security Code

Old 12-27-2004, 07:31 AM
kmt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Acura 1.7 EL Stereo Security Code

Has anyone heard of this before?

I had a car starter installed in my wife's 2001 EL. They used the valet key to use as the "skim" key so the remote starter would work (I don't know if this detail is important to answer my question.)

In the process, they disconnected the battery, and therefore the security system enaged, and the display shows "CODE".

We've inputed the code on the security card we got with the car manual, but it doesn't work. (We know the code is correct, because a couple of years ago it did work.)

Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 12-29-2004, 07:37 PM
stereo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

unhook the battery wait a few minutes and hook battery back up and try again, you have 3 trys if you make a mistake 3 times it will lock or the radio powered up funny,so reseting it might fix the problem
Old 12-30-2004, 11:44 AM
kmt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Resolution Achieved

Thanks for the reply Stereo.

Today we took the car into a dealership. They pulled out the stereo, and looked up the serial number, and called both the dealership we bought the car from, and Acura. The orginal dealership that we bought the car from had the exact security code that we did. The one that had worked to 3 times before, but did not work now. However, Acura had a completely different code, one that did work.

No idea what happened here, but at least we have a working stereo again.