Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Opinions on Alpine Type-R subs..

Old 01-04-2005, 09:35 PM
cobbcustomz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Image Dynamics are really good subs but i think they cost serious money compared to the Type Rs
Old 01-05-2005, 05:34 PM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

Originally Posted by SamuraiBill
I high school i was running 2 alpine type-Rs with Interfire amps and crystal mobile sound speaks until that is some one broke into my bronco and stole my $hi+.
when I was in HS, it was all about kicker (now they're over-rated), RF (before they went to shit), and infinity (still good, but now there's better). Alpine was too expensive for most of us, and alot of people I knew were running pioneer, sony, kenwood, and alot of other lower-end crap. But that was almost a decade ago....

I remember my first system, in my '93 geo metro :woowoo: a jenson "300w" amp and two 10" profile subs, a clarion tape deck, and stock paper speakers at the four corners.... :a:

Originally Posted by odiepsock
Thats BS! I've got two RE SE subs that sound indredible and i'm in highschool!
technology has made alot of progress in the past 7-10 years, and prices have dropped. notice I said when I was in HS

but keep in mind, not everyone has their mom and dad to help them afford a car, or sometimes even mods :ghey:

I've heard type r's and they don't get anywhere near these subs.
apples and oranges
Old 01-06-2005, 04:39 PM
SamuraiBill

but keep in mind, not everyone has their mom and dad to help them afford a car, or sometimes even mods
My parents have always thought I was crazy for being into car audio and as such they have never bought me a peice for my systems.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:05 PM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

:blah: who gives a shit, since I wasn't saying that to you.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:48 PM
SamuraiBill

love the vocabulary. :db:

but anyway Back to the subject at hand Alpine rocks, JL is really good too. If the anyonw choosed either one you will be happy.
Old 01-26-2005, 10:40 AM
smutmonger
Bar God

i was kinda torn in the same direction. i have jl 12w6v2's in my hatchback but it cost me an ass load. i have alpine head unit, xm, and mp3 changer in my del sol. im now running a jl 500.5 on my junk and im about to finish my custom door panels.
anyway i was asking myself, i said "self", "do i want band loyalty or bang for the buck?"
if all things were equal (namely price) i would buy the jl's again in a sec and never look back but since things are not even close....
i bought 3 type r 10's
my thoughts are as follows..
no sponsorship = no loyalty

people were talking about their first systems
well mine was 2 pyle driver 12's in my vw bug with a sherwood 240 amp
remembering that makes me wanna puke!
but in my defence that was the summer of 1988.
i have had 3 sponsored cars since that time and worked on some of the most awsome demo cars around
i have also spent over $100,000 of my own money on car stereo equipment in my life.
never again!!!!

do what you like, and buy what you can afford!

ps. JL if you are listening, its not too late for me to return the alpine subs if you wanna hook me up again!!
Old 01-27-2005, 07:47 AM
nando11211

eD's are very good as well.