Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

01 civic rear deck

Old 12-05-2004, 05:03 PM
EX-R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 civic rear deck

hi guys

I was wondering if any of you had installed 6x9 speakers in your 01+ civic and about how they fit cuz I checked on crutchfield.com and they suggest somethin like only 4 models for my ride and I just wanted to know if it was because of the depth ( it they had to be really thick or what)

Also I know infinity component speakers are good but I'm not going to be using an amp so is it worth it? cuz there are already tweeters in the 01 civic so I guess I won't buy coax. speakers..

tell me what u guys think and also if u know some places (online cuz I'm not from the states so we don't have the same shops) that sell complete audio kit (well can be without the trunk package (subs amp) like the HU + front speakers + rear deck speakers . The kind of kit that is well tuned - somethin similar to pioneer cuz I had the pioneer hu and front/rear speakers in my accord but got it stolen)

thx for any comments
Old 12-21-2004, 06:25 PM
LowSky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hope this helps but to remove the speakers on an 01 ciivic 2door model you need to remove the rear seat completely and the reardeck lid plus the side wall covers as well... not to mention taking off the fronts seatbelts fron their bottom ancor so you can pull off rear side moldings

on a 4dr the rear seat still needs to come off and so does the rear pillar trim panel

all info from the crutchfield install guide for 01+ civic

hope this helps

btw crutchfield just guesstimates what will fit in your car and some models they say wont fit might actually... but i suggest you go with what they say fits as other versions might reguire cutting or adjusting to fit... as for the front speakers the reson they say only few will fit is because the woofer at the bottom of the door has a wierd plastic moling behind it to sela out moisture (idkw) you can cut it out and fit a deeper speaker.. but if you dont want to get tooo involved in your speaker upgrade go with what fits automatically.