Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

accord 2000 lx headunit

Old 12-02-2004, 04:41 AM
St34lth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default accord 2000 lx headunit

i have a accord 2000 lx, and i took the stock headunit out, and cut the wires to the harness and the wire colors are different from my new headunit. i looked at 20 different schematic's for the old headunit harness, but they still dont show the same colors. i bought a new harness to replace the old headunit harness, but that to does not have the same colors, so i cant match them up. I bought the harness from installer.com and it shows it has the blue connector on the site but its white and the wire colors are the newer colors. if anyone can help me, ill go and get all the wire colors from the old headunit and maybe you will no which go where. otherwise im pretty much screwed eh.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:07 PM
VPUPPY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

visit installdr.com and goto the link for quick wiring info. then goto honda/acura link and two harnesses on the page, go with the newer one. the pin outs should match up. also, test the 12v constant and 12 switch wires before hooking them up with a digital multimeter. you probably have blown fuses also so when you get done rewiring, check all your fuses.