Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Need a new stereo

Old 11-28-2004, 08:42 PM
Brian18

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a new stereo

Hi everybody, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good stereo. I want it for a 90 Honda Civic incase anyone was wondering. The stereo I have in there now is pretty old, from '98 or so.. Just driving over the smallest bump will make it skip, and I put new speakers in the car, but the thing still sounds like crap.. I was told that's probably because of the old stereo. I was hoping to only spend around $100.00 or so, I don't know if I can get much that's decent for that, I don't know too much about stereo's.. Any help would be appreciated.. Thanks.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:51 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats plenty of money, search on froogle or circuit city to get a nice headunit

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-...oductDetail.do

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/JVC-I...oductDetail.do
Old 11-28-2004, 08:59 PM
Brian18

Thanks for the links.. I didn't realize that stereo's were so inexpensive. I really thought it would be $150-$200 for a good stereo.
Old 11-28-2004, 09:54 PM
Arfboy
Diamond Audio turns me on

Don't get either of those. Sony and JVC are junk for car audio. You can get a low-end Pioneer or Panasonic for around that much and have much better quality.

Check Ebay for a Pioneer DEH-P3600, Panasonic CQ-C1300U (also plays MP3s), and Clarion DB345MP.

www.onlinecarstereo.com also has a nice selection of decks.
Old 11-29-2004, 08:59 AM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea, i'm not a car audio freak, so i dont know that much, just wanted to suggest, i'd listen to him, he sounds like he knows more than me
Old 11-29-2004, 10:08 AM
TTT

Originally Posted by Arfboy
Don't get either of those. Sony and JVC are junk for car audio. You can get a low-end Pioneer or Panasonic for around that much and have much better quality.

Check Ebay for a Pioneer DEH-P3600, Panasonic CQ-C1300U (also plays MP3s), and Clarion DB345MP.

www.onlinecarstereo.com also has a nice selection of decks.
unless you find an old school es line sony deck

that was the one sony product ive ever been slightly impressed with
Old 11-29-2004, 06:05 PM
Arfboy
Diamond Audio turns me on

Originally Posted by TTT
unless you find an old school es line sony deck

that was the one sony product ive ever been slightly impressed with

True, the older Sony ES products were actually rather nice. My friend was using one up until a few weeks ago. They've since gone downhill though. The only thing they have going for their decks now is they have some of the more unique displays out there.
Old 12-03-2004, 09:08 PM
SamuraiBill

Originally Posted by Arfboy
True, the older Sony ES products were actually rather nice. My friend was using one up until a few weeks ago. They've since gone downhill though. The only thing they have going for their decks now is they have some of the more unique displays out there.
They may look pretty but the most impotant part sucks. you know the part that play the music. Panisonic has good displays and are considered by most to be a good quality head unit, but if you are looking for a good cheap HU Blaupunkt would be the way to go. Look on ebay I had that was really good for what I paid for it($100 shipped) and the display was nice looking to boot.

I can't say this enough SONY SUCK ASS.

Austin
Old 12-03-2004, 09:27 PM
97teg

Heres the thing, jl thought they were good enough to use in their demo pontiac vibe. Jl must have seen something in the sony right? Just a thought. I wouldnt use one but its interesting none the less.
Old 12-04-2004, 02:18 AM
SamuraiBill

I think JL is the most overrated brand there is. For the same price I could do better. When you start charging that much for subs it like bragging but I could get Rainbow subs for the same price which are a world class.

Was this there demo??? If it was demos are designed to bring the uneducated consumer. Sony is the most famous name in electronics and putting their name on some means that some one will buy it just because they have heard the name.

And I say it again SONY SUCKS