Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

my hatch has no stereo system, help!!!???

Old 11-08-2004, 04:50 PM
Mackenzie C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my hatch has no stereo system, help!!!???

the only thing it has is front speakers but there not connected to anything. no wires no nothing. where can i buy a cd player, two rear speakers, and all the wires nesaccary? and can i make a custom stereo system with all the parts? and what do i need to do this?
Old 11-14-2004, 03:23 PM
eownzit

well for starters I get most of my stuff from circuit city, my friends dad owns the store so i get some really good deals.. so if you have one of them by you i would take a trip there, get the wiring off the internet because they charge you a ton for it
Old 11-20-2004, 01:14 PM
superteg99

lol, I had the same problem in my Integra when I bought it, no speakers or headunit. I would go to judysdeals.com they have some good stuff for really cheap. What i did is I just rewired the whole system and with a bigger gauge wire (12) and then just put a larger set of speakers in the rear, fronts are alittle to hard for me to do, Im not that good at it. Now it sounds great and everything works. Hope that helps.
Old 11-20-2004, 09:21 PM
HatchVX
Driving a Turbo 2L Terror

If u got a 5th gen hatch i have the stock rear speaker setup. PM if u want pics
Old 12-14-2004, 12:50 PM
Mackenzie C

ok i found the stock wires, they are all chopped up and what not. and i found a 90-93 integra radio with the plugs and wires. so im going to wire it all back up and test to see if it works. then im going to put this cd player in. ill ask you guys about the cd player install later. and its cold now. 8 degrees + windchill = cold ass hell.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:56 AM
ethan

Junk yard and Ebay if you do not have much to spend. Or you can go aftermarket. Regardless you are going to have to run some wiring so you might as well do it right.