Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Accord 99EXV6 aftermarket noise... with sirius

Old 11-08-2004, 09:45 AM
Pacificdew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accord 99EXV6 aftermarket noise... with sirius

Bottom line: engine noise is coming through my speakers (weakly) with my head unit on. problem does not exist with head unit off (faceplate removed).
i hear it through the tweeters.
same problem exists when speaker/tweeter component is wired to the head unit, and when they're wired to the amp.
there also seems to be a weak weak buzz when headlights come on.
additionally... whats up with the tinny/lo fidelity sounds (at higher freqs) from sirius radio. sounds like a low bit rate mp3. is it my panasonic tuner? or just the reality of satellite radio?
the power lines are down one side of the floorboards and the speaker lines on the other side.
running tsunami AWG 8 for power and AWG 4 for the ground. using the fuel tank ground in the trunk as a grounding point.
i think it has to do with some sort of honda wiring interference with the HU's harness or speaker wires. i dunno... something in the dash i think.
cheers.

system specs:
infinity kappa all the way around. 6X9 & 6.5 component with tweeters & 10' enclosed with a 5 channel alpine amp. sirius radio with a panasonic tuner and panasonic CQ-HX1083U ghostface HU.
Old 11-09-2004, 05:36 AM
Pacificdew

Default ?

any gotcha's or ideas would be helpful.
Old 11-10-2004, 03:39 PM
EGPrelude

how are your wires run? they should be away from teh fusebox.

also hwo is your sirius wired up? through cig lighter or hardwired to the radios power?
Old 11-11-2004, 05:04 AM
Pacificdew

yeah... kinda close to the fuse box... i'll try rerouting a bit. the sirius is wired to radio power.
any other ideas?
Old 11-12-2004, 12:15 PM
EGPrelude

Wires should be kept away from the fuse box as the a great source of engine noise