Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Passport 8500 - errors?

Old 10-20-2004, 02:07 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passport 8500 - errors?

Anyone have Passport 8500 issues lately?

This may sound funny but My sister, myself, a good friend, and his father all have had issues with our passport detectors of recent, as in days apart.

My sister had a self calibrate error, turned into a needs serviced error. Sent in for repair now at a cost of $49.95. This happened twice and is now happening to me. She now has a huge K band error rate now after the calibration, it may go back again.

My buddy also has and 8500 it just plain up and died he is searching the error it may be the car.

My buddies dad runs a 7500 and it now of late has huge false issue that is driving them insane.

We are all hardwired users save for my sister she used the smart cord.

Now keep in mind we are all very experienced users of detectors, if such a group can exist. We have all had Excort data back through the years. These errors have occured in both MeterSTD and MeterEXP mode, I find MeterFRQ useless.

Any other Passport users of 8500 (7500) having issues of late?

I'd send mine in but it would still need to go back in the spring for the POP upgrade and I'd hate to have to send it in twice. I may try and ride it out see if it clears up, but this small a population seems funny. My buddy and his dad live in Cincy OH so they buy from the factory direct, just to add some more info.

-MrChad