Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

amp install kit

Old 09-15-2004, 07:07 PM
pez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default amp install kit

i have a bunch of 8 gauge wire and 16 gauge wire..but i dont ahve any of the terminals to connect it to the amp...
i also dont have the fuse thing that every amp install kit includes
should i just get the terminals alone and then put it on the wire? what about the fuse? or should i just go with a amp kit?

if to go by amp kit..where would i buy one?
Old 09-15-2004, 08:34 PM
dave97LX
is a guitar hero

WALMART sells a good 8-gauge scosche-brand amp kit for $20...it works just as well and is less expensive than lightning audio or another brand like that. It comes with all the terminals, a fuse, etc etc
Old 09-15-2004, 09:53 PM
TTT

Originally Posted by pez
i have a bunch of 8 gauge wire and 16 gauge wire..but i dont ahve any of the terminals to connect it to the amp...
i also dont have the fuse thing that every amp install kit includes
should i just get the terminals alone and then put it on the wire? what about the fuse? or should i just go with a amp kit?

if to go by amp kit..where would i buy one?
You're going to need

2 8 gauge ring terminals (one for battery and one for ground, connections to amp shouldnt need terminals)- $1.50 each
1 AGU fuse holder- $5
1 pack of fuses- $3
Probably won't be able to find the fuse or fuse holder at anywhere other than a car audio shop, best buy and circuit city will have them... you can find the 8 gauge ring terminals at most autoparts store, I know Napa has them.
Old 09-16-2004, 03:23 AM
strychnine
i am legend

if by chance you have an older amp with the screw connections you should also be able to find connectros for that at the local parts store too. you don't want to piece power wire, if you don't have the full uncut length you need it'd be in your best interest to just buy a kit. Also make sure you do get a fuse holder, they're cheap and if you don't get one you could burn up a lot of things, including your car.