Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Panasonic or Pioneer

Old 09-10-2004, 01:20 AM
EVO VIII
Imports over Domestic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panasonic or Pioneer

I am torn between these to decks for my car
Either the Pioneer DEH-P8MP or the Panasonic CQ-C9800U

whats cool about the Pioneer is it looks cool and steps up the voltage to the speakers It costs about 299

the panasonic on the other hand has 60x4 RMS not peak. It also has a nice display it is about 50 dollars more

click here for the panasonic or here for the Pioneer
Old 09-10-2004, 10:50 AM
97teg

How are you going to use the deck? Is it the basis for an entire system or are you just gonna use it on your stock speakers and call it a day? I really like the pioneer premier 860mp if your going with a nicer system where you need the features. Otherwise i would also look at the 8600mp Non premier version of the same deck. It lacks a few features of the 860 but it depends if you need them or not. Maybe even alpine?
Old 09-10-2004, 12:16 PM
EVO VIII
Imports over Domestic

Kinda steering away from Alpine ( they are good and all, just not into their look). Yes I would be useing it on the stock speakers. I would be cutting off all bass to the front and rear and putting in a sub. I will check out the pioneer deck that you suggested.
Old 09-19-2004, 11:08 AM
SamuraiBill

Originally Posted by EVO VIII
Kinda steering away from Alpine ( they are good and all, just not into their look). Yes I would be useing it on the stock speakers. I would be cutting off all bass to the front and rear and putting in a sub. I will check out the pioneer deck that you suggested.
I would go with panisonic if you are just going to be running stock speaks. They make some of the best look headunits on the moarket and it sounds like you want somethat looks good and plays good ,so I panisonic will get ya. You wont hear anytalk bad a panisonic either they make very good stuff for everyday usage.

Austin