Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Stereo Problems

Old 09-02-2004, 05:14 PM
IluvJae
Grifball Player

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo Problems

Hey guys i got a problem.

1st. I have a stock stereo i havent had the chance to change anything the only thing new is the head unit which im bout to get rid of cus it sux. But anway my first problem is whenever i drive i hear this sound when ever i accelerate i looked and everything is grounded right so i dont know what the problem is.

2nd. Once in a full blue moon my back speakers decide they wanna work. I checked the wiring going from the headunit to my power harness and everything is intact and the way its suppose to be. But for some reason i get no sound out of it. The weirdest thing happened last nite. I get into the car and started it up and the back speakers worked so i drove home (bout a half hour) and would hear this scratchy noise coming out of the back speakers. So i got home turned the car off and then turned it to the point the radio just came on and my back speakers were no longer working. Like i said my speakers just comes on when they want to. Do u think i need to replace the speakers or do u think its a wiring problem or a problem with the actual head unit.

3rd. Im gonna shave my antenna off so i was wondering is there a better place to put the new antenna that im gonna buy.

4th. If anybody knows of an easy way to take the speaker cover off so i can change the back speakers then that would be greatly appreciated even a comment on a fast way to change the back speakers would be great.

Thanx
Jae
Old 09-02-2004, 05:21 PM
IluvJae
Grifball Player

bump
Old 09-02-2004, 06:02 PM
IluvJae
Grifball Player

bump
Old 09-02-2004, 06:21 PM
IluvJae
Grifball Player

COme on is there anybody that can help me
Old 09-02-2004, 10:42 PM
IluvJae
Grifball Player

im waiting people i sooooo need help
Old 09-03-2004, 01:03 AM
b00gers

Originally Posted by darksideofjae
Hey guys i got a problem.

1st. I have a stock stereo i havent had the chance to change anything the only thing new is the head unit which im bout to get rid of cus it sux. But anway my first problem is whenever i drive i hear this sound when ever i accelerate i looked and everything is grounded right so i dont know what the problem is.

2nd. Once in a full blue moon my back speakers decide they wanna work. I checked the wiring going from the headunit to my power harness and everything is intact and the way its suppose to be. But for some reason i get no sound out of it. The weirdest thing happened last nite. I get into the car and started it up and the back speakers worked so i drove home (bout a half hour) and would hear this scratchy noise coming out of the back speakers. So i got home turned the car off and then turned it to the point the radio just came on and my back speakers were no longer working. Like i said my speakers just comes on when they want to. Do u think i need to replace the speakers or do u think its a wiring problem or a problem with the actual head unit.

3rd. Im gonna shave my antenna off so i was wondering is there a better place to put the new antenna that im gonna buy.

4th. If anybody knows of an easy way to take the speaker cover off so i can change the back speakers then that would be greatly appreciated even a comment on a fast way to change the back speakers would be great.

Thanx
Jae

1: What is this sound that you hear? And how do you know that the grounds are proper? I am not questioning your knowledge...well actually, I am. h: Just because wires are connected doesn't mean they are properly connected. If you are hearing a whining sound that goes to a higher pitch with the RPMs of the engine, most likely you are introducing engine noise to the speakers. This is most likely from a bad ground connection, whether is it the connection from the battery to the chassis, HU to the chassis, or the grounds inside of the HU itself....:dunno: You did say that the HU sucks.

2: Are the connections secure? If they are, I would suspect the HU again. When you said it "sucks." What are you refering to? Is it cheaply made? What brand and model is it? If you want to spend the time, you can always take those speakers and hook them up to a different power source. That should eliminate some problems.

3: Why are you shaving it, then replacing it. What is wrong with the current one? What car do you have now? If it needs replacing, I suggest you keep it at the same location.

4: What car?
Old 09-03-2004, 08:09 AM
IluvJae
Grifball Player

bump
Old 09-09-2004, 08:01 AM
IluvJae
Grifball Player

Hey i found the problem it seems like the previous owners hooked a amp up to the back speakers and put it inder the rug on the passenger side of the car so all i did was disconnect it and through it in the trash and now my back speakers work perfectly
Old 09-09-2004, 10:35 AM
b00gers

Wow, you didn't know there was an amp installed under there? h: That would catch me by surprise.
Old 09-09-2004, 05:02 PM
kill_kill_kill
it's sarcastic dude

yeah, seems like you would have noticed another component in your check of the wires being grounded.

As for removing the back speakers, on my car it's just four screws that hold the cover on, then 3 or 4 four that hold the actual speakers on so just unscrew those and use a wedge to pull the speaker straight up. Wait,,,,how have you checked the wire connections if you haven't gone through that process allready? maybe this is all useless to you, but hope that helps