Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Need Help is this a deal or is this not worth it???

Old 08-19-2004, 08:58 AM
Karatekid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help is this a deal or is this not worth it???

Right now i have a civic dx stock radio speakers bla bla bla. I want to make my car sound better and i like a lot of bass so i dont just want a head unit and speakers i want a amp and sub to. But is this to good to be true is this shit stuff that will sound like my ride now.
here is the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=38646

i need help bad i my birthday is next week and my girl wants to get me something and i want a system
Old 08-19-2004, 10:48 AM
honura
Seni

Nope that's trash.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:31 AM
Karatekid

what would be a good hook up
Old 08-19-2004, 11:40 AM
pnthr30

Originally Posted by Karatekid
what would be a good hook up
You need to give us a budget. Can you install it yourself? What is most important to you?

Also, keep in mind that the "system" that you linked above is currently at $125ish I believe..........most of the audio guys here with systems have at least that much on wiring alone. You need to decide what you want to spend and what your ultimate goals are.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:27 PM
Karatekid

i am not trying to make it the best system i just want something better then what i have with amp and sub let say what is the average cost of amp head unit and subs
Old 08-19-2004, 12:34 PM
pnthr30

Avg. cost is whatever you want it to be. It would be best to throw us some numbers of what you have to work with/are thinking about spending, and we can try to steer you in the right direction as far as quality products that give you the best value for your money.
Old 08-19-2004, 04:54 PM
k67p67

If I was on a game show and they offered that package or a cheeseburger as a prize, I'd take the cheeseburger. If you're set on buying a "complete system", I would recommend spending a minimum of $500 or don't even bother. You won't be happy. If your budget isn't that high, just replace the head unit and one or two pairs of coaxials and call it a day.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:02 PM
Skad
Worst Poster Eva

You should really take one step at a time. You're always going to want to thump harder, so get first get the most expensive deck you can afford, then get some door/rear speakers then get your amp & woofers & wiring kit. Don't get those little packages. You get what you pay for.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:19 PM
pnthr30

Originally Posted by k67p67
If I was on a game show and they offered that package or a cheeseburger as a prize, I'd take the cheeseburger.
:chuckles:

Originally Posted by k67p67
If you're set on buying a "complete system", I would recommend spending a minimum of $500 or don't even bother. You won't be happy. If your budget isn't that high, just replace the head unit and one or two pairs of coaxials and call it a day.
:werd:

Originally Posted by Skad
You should really take one step at a time. You're always going to want to thump harder, so get first get the most expensive deck you can afford, then get some door/rear speakers then get your amp & woofers & wiring kit. Don't get those little packages. You get what you pay for.
:werd: x56843626854325
Old 08-19-2004, 11:33 PM
flatfourfan
VTEC or FLATFOUR?

Originally Posted by Skad
I agree with the peice by peice part, but don't spend all your dosh on the most expensive HU. Here's what I'd do and in these stages as well

#1 HU....basic BRAND NAME...sony, pioneer....etc etc..This will be the biggest upgrade that you can do to your system, make sure it has RCA outs.

#2 Front speakers, don't waste your time on a set of splits, I don't think that you're looking into that way anyway. A nice set of 5 1/4 coax's will work just fine. Remember bigger isn't always better. Remember mounting depth when buying your speakers.

#3 Rear fill, if you're in a bind........6x9's cheap and not too bad for what you get, personally I'd get the same set as your front speakers and mount them in the rear shelf.

#4 Amp: nice four channel that you can hook up to all of the speakers, make sure that the amp can later be bridged to 3 channels, I'll explain that now. Amp must have a built in crossover.

#5 Sub, basic sub box mounted in the boot, a 12 works just fine. Bridge the amp 2 three channels and run your front set off two channels and the sub off the other bridged channel. You can run your rear fill off your deck..

Some notes in closing...............party packs suck.....you'll install it, hook it up and be very unhappy with the results.....150rms sub would be perfect, remember when buying an amp, to buy one that can be bridged and has an internal crossover, it'll save you money in the long run.

hope this helps

Last edited by flatfourfan; 08-20-2004 at 12:28 AM. Reason: typo