Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Help!!!

Old 08-07-2004, 05:39 PM
thavngr98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!!

My brain is fried and Im calling on you guys to give me some ideas. I just bought a 2000 accord from a dealer the other day. Today I put my radio in (not the first installed) and after it was all said and done I went to leave and noticed that my interior dash lights are out and my tail lights are out (brake lights work). Also on my dash my check engine light is on and my SRS light is on. The first this I checked was the fuse but thats alright so I ripped apart my dash to get the radio harness figuring maybe I made a bad connection and am shorting something out but when I remove the radio from the stock harness I still get nothing. I am at a loss and dont know what it could be?
Info:
2000 Accord Coupe
V6
Old 08-07-2004, 08:01 PM
strychnine
i am legend

is there another fuse box under the hood? if so check there.
Old 08-07-2004, 08:07 PM
thavngr98

Yeah I checked there. The fuse that concerns me is the Instrument panel and tail lights which are my symptoms. And that fuse is on the drivers side. Now I need a wiring diagram of that fuse panel
Old 08-07-2004, 08:16 PM
saga
broke college kid

If you just got it from the dealer then you should have a book in your car. The book should tell you the fuses. If there's no book go bitch at the dealer and tell them you want one.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:58 PM
lgbr
Wal-Mart Shopper

Did you have your lights on when you put the radio in? Because most stock radios have a lead on the radio coming from the parking lights (connected to front corners, rear brakes, and instrument panel) so that the radio will be illuminated.

If it wasn't on when you were installing the radio, I'd check to make sure its not exposed, touching any grounds or anything.

The fuse for that would blow in the fuse box under the dash.

As saga said, look in your owner's manual.
Old 08-12-2004, 04:58 AM
oldskoolcivic

if its a 2000 accord.. and if theres a warranty that comes with your car.. then i would put back the original deck in there, and go to the dealer and said my lights anit working and i dont know what happened, and say u never touched anything. thats what i would do only if it came with the warranty. it it doesnt, then have some1 that knows cars check it out