Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

2003 accord amp install???

Old 07-18-2004, 06:13 PM
jetskipro550

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 accord amp install???

I have a 2003 accord LX 4 cyl. and I just bought an Alpine 4-channel amp for it today. I know how to install an amp on an aftermarket deck, but my accord has a stock deck and I don't know where to wire in the remote turn on wire and I don't know how to connect my RCA's using an RCA/speaker wire adapter. I really don't want to pay $150 for someone else to do the install so any help would be awsome. I have installed many stereo systems in cars, but never with a stock deck. Thanks again!!!!
Old 07-20-2004, 05:47 PM
mitsurugi

You should be able to tap into the power or ignition wire of the deck to wire the remote turn on for the amp. As for the RCA's, I'm not sure on a stock deck. Maybe you can get some sort of adapter?
Old 07-20-2004, 06:16 PM
AnTbizzo

if u want to connect ur speaker wire to rca w/out cutting wires you should get a male and female wire harness for ur radio. Scosche probably makes both of them for your car. You can find this on ebay. ON the reverse harness (the one you plug into your radio) Connect the speaker to RCA adapter to it by mactching the colors. On the other harness that plugs into your car wiring, attach the power ground and remote(yellow) to your forward harness. You can also tap the remote wire for the amp here as well or connect to an accesory wire that turns on when you put in your key. Plug your harnesses in and run ur rca and you should be good to go. Make sure your speaker wire to rca adapter can step down the voltage. Buying cheap adapters will result in engine noise. Let me know if you need more details
Old 07-21-2004, 10:30 AM
profuse007

use any of these wires
| ACCESSORY|black/red |+ |ignition harness |
| SECOND ACCESSORY|white/red |+ |ignition harness
| RADIO SWITCH|yellow/red |+ |radio

good luck!!!