Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Stock RSX Alarm

Old 07-03-2004, 11:42 PM
coredump

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock RSX Alarm

Hey all,

How is the stock '04 RSX (Type S) alarm system? Is it a pretty solid system, or should I supplement it with stuff like The Club, etc...?

The reason I'm asking is that I will be attending a large university this fall and I'm worried about being vandalized, jacked, etc... I don't have much experience with auto security because I never had a problem with my old car, an '87 Accord. Nobody wanted that junk. Anyways, any suggestions, tips on security improvements (new systems or perhaps Club-like devices)?

Thanks.
Old 07-11-2004, 06:06 PM
YellowFellow

well the stock RSX security system probably has ignition immobilizer via a transponder chip in you key...if someone tries to unlock the door without the key...it would probably go off...not sure about glass breakage though. At any rate...if someone really wants you car, they'll take it. If you're gonna put a stereo, mod up you car, I'd suggest getting an aftermarket add on.

I know a lot of people like the Compustar paging alarm...I know that is compatible with all new VWs. I'm not really sure what's out there and compatible with the RSX, but others on here will probably be able to help you out. With an upgraded system, you could add shock, impact, proximity and other sensors. You could also get a paging alarm that lets you know when your alarm goes off.

In terms of security in University....just keep things out of sight...don't give people an excuse to give your car a second look. The usual common sense practices, park in well lit and frequently travelled areas if possible.

good luck.
Old 07-21-2004, 10:36 AM
profuse007

no need for aftermarket alarm.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:58 PM
Human Hybrid

Originally Posted by YellowFellow
well the stock RSX security system probably has ignition immobilizer via a transponder chip in you key...if someone tries to unlock the door without the key...it would probably go off...not sure about glass breakage though. At any rate...if someone really wants you car, they'll take it. If you're gonna put a stereo, mod up you car, I'd suggest getting an aftermarket add on.

I know a lot of people like the Compustar paging alarm...I know that is compatible with all new VWs. I'm not really sure what's out there and compatible with the RSX, but others on here will probably be able to help you out. With an upgraded system, you could add shock, impact, proximity and other sensors. You could also get a paging alarm that lets you know when your alarm goes off.

In terms of security in University....just keep things out of sight...don't give people an excuse to give your car a second look. The usual common sense practices, park in well lit and frequently travelled areas if possible.

good luck.
Old 08-03-2004, 09:50 PM
copperfox
nubsos

if you have a cd player with detachable face, ALWAYS bring it with you. I mean it. My car was stolen from my university and I got it back with NO audio components whatsoever (and missing a whole bunch of other stuff).
Old 08-03-2004, 11:23 PM
saga
broke college kid

The Club and other imitators are useless. A cop told me that. They'll stop an average person, like, if you left your car doors open with the key in the ignition but the club was on a passerby couldn't steal your car, but a car thief could. Just go with everyones advice. Keep your car in a well lit area on campus. Also, find out which sections of campus or parking areas are monitored via video surveillance by security or even get to know some of the security people who patrol at night and show them your car (although, at a LARGE university they might never see your car). Let them know it's brand spanking new and where you usually park. As for vandalism don't piss anyone off. Some of the usually college pranks may go on of shaving creme, ceran wrap, that wash off window marker, shit like that, but keying and other stuff is only done if you piss people off. As YellowFellow stated before, if they really want your car they'll take it. Some thiefs do as much as to tow your car away to a chop shop or other place to strip it where they won't be bothered.