Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Power Antenna Question

Old 06-27-2004, 11:56 AM
ChassisInnovations
HAN Authorized Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Power Antenna Question

On a 96 Integra, is there a way to make it so that the power antenna will only go up when using the Tuner, not the CD player? I ask because 90% of my listening is CDs, but the antenna still goes up.

-Jeff
Old 06-29-2004, 04:24 AM
OzWolfbane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how olds your cd player and what is it ?
Old 06-29-2004, 11:56 AM
ChassisInnovations
HAN Authorized Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Premier 760MP...

-Jeff
Old 06-29-2004, 03:21 PM
atlfalconz112

just unplug the atenna if you hardly listen to the radio it wont matter.
Old 06-29-2004, 05:08 PM
99IntegraGS

Originally Posted by acnownzu
On a 96 Integra, is there a way to make it so that the power antenna will only go up when using the Tuner, not the CD player?
If your head unit doesn't do it for you, then you'll have to wire a switch in the line sending a signal to your power antenna. My Alpine unit only sends this signal when the AM/FM tuner is selected. If I switch to XM, CD, or CD-changer the power antenna goes down.

I tried to view your installation instructions online to see the wiring diagram, but Pioneer requires me to register to view that info. I'm not willing to do that. If you are, you could access the document, save it, then email it to me. If the unit has a power antenna lead and it has been connected properly, then the unit itself doesn't give a damn what source you've chosen, it's sending the activation signal simply based on whether the headunit is on or off. This doesn't seem right, seems more like an amp switching wire.

Like I said, if your headunit is installed correctly and still doesn't perform this function properly, then you'll have to place a switch in the power antenna lead that allows you to turn it on and off. This will allow you to lower the antenna when listening to CD's.
Old 07-01-2004, 07:56 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World

Yeah, just run the power antenna off of a switch. That way you can raise or lower it whenever you want to. And installing a switch to run it from is very easy.