Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/audio-security-and-automotive-lighting-30/)
-   -   LEDs (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/audio-security-and-automotive-lighting/14059-leds.html)

iLLuCiv99 08-07-2002 11:47 AM

LEDs

Hey hows it goin everybody? Well yesterday I got my a couple of 1157 Amber LEDs for the front turn signal, and a couple of 7440 Amber LEDs for the rear blinkers...the thing is that now they blink too fast...and I hate that!! :mad: Its not like there is no resistance on either side to make it blink fast...they just do. Anyone know what I can do? or why this is happening and how I can make em blink at normal speed? Thanks alot!

VRGNCD5 08-07-2002 04:48 PM

Re: LEDs

Originally posted by iLLuCiv99
Hey hows it goin everybody? Well yesterday I got my a couple of 1157 Amber LEDs for the front turn signal, and a couple of 7440 Amber LEDs for the rear blinkers...the thing is that now they blink too fast...and I hate that!! :mad: Its not like there is no resistance on either side to make it blink fast...they just do. Anyone know what I can do? or why this is happening and how I can make em blink at normal speed? Thanks alot!
I had this problem too when I got the 1157's for my rear signals. One day my car wouldn't start, didn't know why. After installing them, I began having starting problems, took them out, no more problems. You might want to do the same before you get stranded.

igo4bmx 08-08-2002 03:07 AM

it looks like a connection issue... bad grounding of the bulb?

derf 08-08-2002 05:36 AM

okay your bulbs in your car SHOULDN"T cause major problems to your car... that sounds really weird... almost like saying your aftermarket rear view mirror causes you problems with yoru car... but weird stuff happens.

if its blinking too fast it doestn't have enuff resistance. ever blow a turn signal bulb? the other one goes twice as fast. .... check if all the turn signals are blinking when you turn it on.

nu2honda 08-19-2002 09:07 AM

Turn signals

I have a similar problem. My rear signals blink fast, but the fronts dont blink at all... Whats up with that?

OneToughCivic 08-19-2002 09:21 AM

Re: Turn signals

Originally posted by nu2honda
I have a similar problem. My rear signals blink fast, but the fronts dont blink at all... Whats up with that?
:doh: your front turn signals are probably blown out or not connected

nu2honda 08-19-2002 06:35 PM

the front bulbs bulbs light, they just dont blink.

OneToughCivic 08-19-2002 07:52 PM

the front bulbs light? like they light and stay on?

nu2honda 08-20-2002 07:22 PM

yes. when I turn my headlights on, the front corners light up fine.
They just dont blink when I use hazzards or turn signals. The rear light blink fast...

iLLuCiv99 08-22-2002 12:23 PM

Originally posted by derf
check if all the turn signals are blinking when you turn it on.
yea they're all working...thats why I dont know whats goin on...I think its just the LEDs though...do you guys know how I can fix it? How do I 'add' resistance? :confused: