Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Maybe you can help?

Old 05-17-2004, 10:34 AM
Racter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maybe you can help?

ok just got a kenwood cdplayer and some of the new speakers for my 96 integra gsr and when im driving around for about 10-15 minutes or so my stero starts to do some wierd stuff like it makes all the speakers sound like they are blown (they arnt) then sometimes the whole cd player shuts off, can this but the cd player or a wireing problem?
Old 05-17-2004, 10:46 AM
integranation
slowly catching up...

Well if it is working correctly for 10-15 minutes then your wiring is probably ok. Hard to tell exactly what the problem is honestly, but if you just bought the Kenwood I would start there by taking it back and trying a different deck. If you have the same problems with a different deck then check your wires and make sure they are not cut and possibly touching other wires or grounding themselves. Hope this helps...
Old 05-17-2004, 10:58 AM
Racter

I was also thinking it was the deck cause all my wires are soderd so i dont think they are touching :P and have shrink rapa round them. so ya i have to send the cd player in to the factory >.< should have gotten the warnty LOL.
Old 05-17-2004, 12:20 PM
H22accordR
H22accordr

Originally Posted by Racter
I was also thinking it was the deck cause all my wires are soderd so i dont think they are touching :P and have shrink rapa round them. so ya i have to send the cd player in to the factory >.< should have gotten the warnty LOL.
i had a kenwood kdc-319 and when i had it loud which was all the time it would act weird too like the speakers eventually got really quiet and fuzzy i dont know what caused this but everything was wired up fine and no wires were touching. i notciced after i put in a amp and subs i never ran into this problem again. so i dont have any idea why this happened or whats going on with your deck but i just thought id let ya know i was having similar problems untill i had an amp and sub hooked up to it
Old 05-18-2004, 11:59 AM
Racter

well i have a mp425 it its doing exactly what your saying getting really quite and fuzzy. and i was thinking maybe its not putting out enough amps for the speakers i put in :\ wich sounds wierd since its still new i dont know hmmm ill see what happens when i get a amp :\
Old 05-21-2004, 04:23 AM
mossman
Mark

You might be pushing the deck too hard. If your speakers have too high of a power rating, then you could be stressing the deck, causing it to get hot and make the speakers sound like crap. Your speakers may need more power than your head unit can supply.
Old 05-21-2004, 12:46 PM
H22accordR
H22accordr

Originally Posted by mossman
You might be pushing the deck too hard. If your speakers have too high of a power rating, then you could be stressing the deck, causing it to get hot and make the speakers sound like crap. Your speakers may need more power than your head unit can supply.
i traded the deck to my friend and he used in it his saab with stock pioneer speakers, still did the same thing until it had a amp and sube hooked up from it. I dont think they would require too much power being stock. I lost faith in kenwood because of that. maybe it is only a problem with low end models