Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Laptops or Desktop Computers??

Old 08-06-2002, 06:44 PM
Matt86
vtec ownz j00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Laptops or Desktop Computers??

One of my friends is interested in setting up a laptop (or possibly desktop) computer in his car to play mp3s with. Do any of you have this done in your car or know anything about how this could be set up? Pics and and info would be great. Thanks
Old 08-06-2002, 07:03 PM
b00gers

i dont know of any people here but fugi would be the closest one, but i know a few have done it at hardforums.com

i think fugi was hooking up a labtop to his.
Old 08-06-2002, 07:28 PM
The Beav
i

somebody here had a desktop wedged between there sub in their truck with a wireless keyboard and mouse, and the monitor feed going to a dvd player screen, ask fujiwara, he asked the guy all kinds of questions
Old 04-13-2003, 03:19 PM
Cconnj

A laptop is simple. I have used mine to play MP3's for the last 3 years. I went to radio shack (yes radio shack) and picked up a 1/8th inch male stereo jack to left and right male RCA jacks. My laptop (IBM thinkpad) has a stereo out female jack. Then you plug the 2 RCA's to the Line in RCA female on your headunit.
Dell laptops have RCA outs that can be plugged via a set of RCA cables. Many new headunits also have an auxiliary out in the front or back of them. Depending on the equipment yes this is easliy done for $3....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: