Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Best 6.5s for a 96-98 civic coupe?

Old 04-06-2004, 06:24 PM
copperfox
nubsos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best 6.5s for a 96-98 civic coupe?

I want to get component 6.5s for the front in my 96 civic coupe. Has anyone replaced the stock tweeter that is near the mirror with a tweeter that comes in a component set? I want to retain use of both the woofer and the tweeter no matter what I buy.

Will the factory tweeter still work if I replace just the 6.5 speaker?

What brands (or specific models) do you recommend?
Old 04-06-2004, 09:53 PM
97teg

If your going to bother replacing the speakers you might as well get a component set that is designed to go together instead of trying to replace on set at a time. Are you saying that you want to use the stock speakers in addition to another aftermarket set? I would just replace all the stock speakers.

As far as picking speakers i would go to as many shops and listen to as many speakers as you can. Speakers are a personal preforance and some will like what others don't.
Old 04-07-2004, 09:39 AM
CvcExCoupe

A buddy of mine owns a car audio shop in town (Steve Cook 5-6 time Db drag winner 177+Db). He has a demo car, '04 Civic SI, with only the Crossfire 6.5 component mids and tweeters for highs and it sounds absolutely incredible. I am going to get the same speakers and the 2-channel 300W amp that is feedling them. He also has 1 15'' sub in a fiberglass enclosure in the spare tire well. VERY nice setup. Good luck finding what you want, I am going all Crossfire.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:46 AM
spacenett

Default replacing the components

I and a friend replaced the components in my door with sony xplodes and the rear deck speakers with xplodes, and for the tweeters we used the 1' boston accoustic reference designs. Which we ran to the crossover that was screwed into the side of the window regulator. My head unit provides plenty of power to all of them.It sounds so crips and clean that it gives me a headache if i turn it up too much. Jus thought i'd let u know that when u replace one u replace them all no just one aftermarket the rest stock that is stupid imho.