Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

what battery do you suggest for a good sound system?

Old 04-13-2004, 03:05 PM
rcurley55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good choice...I've been hearing more and more about the YT's being really no good for a primary batt.

Hope it works well for you. I've been eying the stingers...
Old 04-16-2004, 11:52 AM
H22accordR
H22accordr

Default Power Cap

Originally Posted by KRA
a yellow top optima is what ive been hearing..

anything else that i should consider? just dont want any dimming lights in the future, or battery trouble.
why not just get a decent battery and spend the extra money on a power capicator. i have a 2.4 Farad cap with lcd display that i got for like 100 new from www.onlinecarstereo.com, and i havent had dimming headlights since
Old 04-16-2004, 04:04 PM
KuttinEdge

Originally Posted by H22accordR
why not just get a decent battery and spend the extra money on a power capicator. i have a 2.4 Farad cap with lcd display that i got for like 100 new from www.onlinecarstereo.com, and i havent had dimming headlights since
"The capacitor can not act like a battery. It only serves to fill in what would otherwise be very small dips in the supply voltage"

"...there has been some discussion as to whether a capacitor is a help or a hinderence when it comes to keeping the voltage at a higher level than without it. Of course, if you ask someone that's spent more than $100 on a capacitor if it helped, they'll tell you that it has. Why on earth would someone 'fess up' to wasting that much money on 'snake oil'. I've yet to see a capacitor increase the SPL in any system."

These are just a couple of quotes from a well respected car audio website

As a little aside, I have (2) 1 FARAD capacitors hooked up to my subs and still have some dimming in the lights (though not as bad as it was before)

The reason for me buying a new battery was because the battery had hard times cranking in the cold weather. I looked into a few batteries and found that the SVR has 600 CCA's (cold cranking amps) as opposed to YT's 500.
Old 04-17-2004, 10:35 PM
Iairj84

I would definatly upgrade your battery over the choice of the CAP, also when upgrading to a bigger battery it wouldnt hurt to upgrade the wire going from the alternator to the battery. fresh wire can do a lot for the battery.