Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

95 Civic Ex Speaker Confusion

Old 01-31-2004, 12:50 PM
Chuke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Civic Ex Speaker Confusion

I am trying to figure out the stock size for the speakers in the 95 Civic Ex, 2 door...

I looked at crutchfield.com, and they say there are 6 total (i figured that out by looking)...

the Tweeters are 1", the door speakers are 6.5" and the rear deck are 5.25"...

I looked on another site, and it said that the tweeters are 1", and the rear and door are the same size, 6.5"...

Can anyone who knows please tell me the size of the door and rear deck speakers?

I find it hard to believe that the door ones would be bigger???

Thanks
Old 02-01-2004, 09:08 AM
arch iceman

The doors and the rear deck can take up to a 6.5" speaker. Stock speaker sizes for both the front and rear are 5.25".

The front door will actually accept up to an 8" speaker behind the facoty grill if you want to get that extreme. The rear deck will accept up to an 8" speaker as well. The important thing to pay attention to is mounting depth and how much clearance you have available. Remember in the doors you have to clear the power window, and on the rear deck you have to clear the slim black lift assist bars running under the rear deck to help open and close the trunk.
Old 02-01-2004, 09:16 AM
Chuke

Originally Posted by arch iceman
The doors and the rear deck can take up to a 6.5" speaker. Stock speaker sizes for both the front and rear are 5.25".

The front door will actually accept up to an 8" speaker behind the facoty grill if you want to get that extreme. The rear deck will accept up to an 8" speaker as well. The important thing to pay attention to is mounting depth and how much clearance you have available. Remember in the doors you have to clear the power window, and on the rear deck you have to clear the slim black lift assist bars running under the rear deck to help open and close the trunk.

Ahh, thanks for the info...

So I should get the slim ones if I plan to go bigger?

how do they denote the mounting depth of the speakers? Is that the "EZ Fit" label that I see?

Thanks again