Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

speakers or compnents in my civic ex?

Old 01-14-2004, 01:04 AM
Max Power
Buff Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speakers or compnents in my civic ex?

hello. i have a civic ex. it has stock tweeters. so i was thinking it was pretty useless to upgrade my 6.5's with ones with tweeters built in because im guessing i have some sort of stock crossover that will render the built in tweeters useless?

would this mean i'd be better served to get components?
Old 01-14-2004, 01:23 AM
97teg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The crossover on the tweeters atleast on my interga is jsut a cap and its connected to the tweeter. Im pretty sure the tweeter itself actually recieves a full signal from the radio but uses a capacitor to filter the lows so that it doesn't blow up. Someone correct me if Im wrong.

You can just run the wires to the coaxil in the door and disconnect the tweeter and the new speaker will play full range.

You can do components and they to tend to be of higher quaility than the coaxils (ones with tweeter built in). If you do go this route i would highly recomend an amp. It will really improve the sound. They really cannot be at their fullest potetial without one imo.