Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Equalizer

Old 12-27-2003, 09:03 PM
elimor_4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Equalizer

Hey wuz up everybody I have a quick question. Well I was wondering if I should get an equalizer for my audio system or not what do you guys think.
I have a Alpine deck.
2 12'' JL Subs
Old 12-27-2003, 09:04 PM
elimor_4

Subwoofer
Old 12-28-2003, 08:55 PM
mitsurugi

Unless you're planning on going harcore competition, the settings in your amp and your deck should be ample to control the sound pretty well. I wouldn't really waste the money on the equalizer if it was me
Old 12-29-2003, 10:46 AM
97teg

Well its hard to tell if you need an eq just by looking at your equipment. I think an eq can reallly clean up the sound if its set properly. If it is set improperly it can make a system sound much worse. Try messing with the deck settings first to see if you can get it the way you like it. If not then maybe start looking for an eq. Thats my opinion.
Old 12-29-2003, 11:12 AM
elimor_4

WELL I GOT THE ALPINE CD9815. YESTERDAY I ASK A FRIEND WHO KNOWS A LOT ABOUT AUDIO SYSTEM AND SAID THAT THE DECK I HAVE HAS A REALLY GOOD EQUALIZER AND THAT IT JUST NEEDS TO BE SET PROPERLY. NO NEED FOR EQUALIZER THAT'S WHAT HE SAID. WELL I'M NOT LOOKING FOR AN EQUALIZER BECAUSE MY SYSTEM DOESN'T SOUND GOOD IT'S JUST THAT I WANT MORE THAN PERFECT.
Old 12-29-2003, 05:48 PM
Surfacing171
cb7 fanatic

Originally posted by elimor_4
WELL I GOT THE ALPINE CD9815. YESTERDAY I ASK A FRIEND WHO KNOWS A LOT ABOUT AUDIO SYSTEM AND SAID THAT THE DECK I HAVE HAS A REALLY GOOD EQUALIZER AND THAT IT JUST NEEDS TO BE SET PROPERLY. NO NEED FOR EQUALIZER THAT'S WHAT HE SAID. WELL I'M NOT LOOKING FOR AN EQUALIZER BECAUSE MY SYSTEM DOESN'T SOUND GOOD IT'S JUST THAT I WANT MORE THAN PERFECT.
Damn, lose the caps. What exactly do you define as "perfect?"
Old 12-29-2003, 07:41 PM
elimor_4

Default Damn.........

Alright it seems annoying to everybody. I meant the best sound you can think of. Not just good
Old 12-29-2003, 08:15 PM
GSteg

an Equalizer isn't easy to play around with. If not used properly, it will make the system sound even worse. And EQ is used to adjust the frequency response. What exactly are you looking for? The best sound (in terms of frequency response) is when you have a flat response (not flat setting on the deck). But a lot of people likes to have peaks and valleys in their music, so flat might not be the one for you.
Old 12-30-2003, 05:55 AM
Surfacing171
cb7 fanatic

Originally posted by GSteg
an Equalizer isn't easy to play around with. If not used properly, it will make the system sound even worse. And EQ is used to adjust the frequency response. What exactly are you looking for? The best sound (in terms of frequency response) is when you have a flat response (not flat setting on the deck). But a lot of people likes to have peaks and valleys in their music, so flat might not be the one for you.
:werd: exactly right