Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Please help me out

Old 12-17-2003, 08:29 PM
95lswhttegg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help me out

somethings wrong with my cd player i;m not sure what it is...when i turn it down all the way and then turn it up and when i change tracks it makes this really loud noise through all the speakers like there is a short circuit or something and when i accelerate i hear a high pich in my amp get higher and higher as the RPM gets higher!?!? i don't know what's wrong wit it it just started doing it like 2 days ago any comments are welcome
Old 12-17-2003, 10:53 PM
Rycechyk

The whine sounds like noise interference - something's up with your wiring, either grounding or run incorrectly. I would probably check for a strong grounding first - but I really don't know much as far as troubleshooting goes, cuz I've never had problems with my stuff.

Any other opinions?
Old 12-17-2003, 11:08 PM
BrownGuy

Just like Rycechyk said... it's a bad ground. Make sure there's no paint in the area where it's grounded. If that doesn't work, might want to ground the amp elsewhere.
Old 12-18-2003, 08:50 AM
95lswhttegg

thanks guys i'll go check it out right now
Old 12-18-2003, 09:01 AM
95lswhttegg

i ckecked all the ground wires under the hood and where the amp is hooked up still the same
Old 12-18-2003, 10:14 AM
rcurley55

People...read the sticky!! It's there for a reason.

For us to trouble shoot it, you need to provide lots more info. First, list what's in the system, and in what speakers you are hearing the whine.

And some questions:
1. Did the alternator whine and the track problems with the cd player start at the same time?

2. Have you made any changes at all to your system? Got the car worked on? Moved the amp, etc?

3. Do you or a friend have a spare CD player to swap in there?

4. Has the whine always been there, or did this just start?

Start with that, and we'll see where it goes. My first suggestion would be to check the ground wire on the amplifier. Make sure it's not loose, and that there is no corrosion.

If it is loose, tighten it up, if there's corrosion, disconnect the system fuse under the hood, then take some sand paper, sand the area where it's grounded back down, then reattach the ground (very tight), then add fuse and check the system with the engine on.
Old 12-18-2003, 01:12 PM
95lswhttegg

everything started at the same time, i got a jvc head unit boss 1400watt amp and 2 sony xplod 10s 700 watts each, the whine just started along with the loud noise when the track changes. the only thing that i can remember is that when i changed my relay for one of the fans thats the last time i worked on my car and this problem didn't occour right after my relay blew out. it just started like 2 or 3 days ago i got the ralay changed like 2 weeks ago.
Old 12-18-2003, 01:26 PM
95lswhttegg

oh and i don't have any other decks to try it on another besides my stock radio