Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

I need help!!!

Old 12-09-2003, 01:43 PM
YeaItsAFourDoor
..::-Free your mind-::..

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help!!!

Well I'm not much of an audio person, just a typical person who likes a little bass. Well my set-up with my bass, includes a crappy 1000 watt sony amp, ( not sure of the RMS or the stats but im pretty sure most of you all do ) that WAS powering two 12'' Polk GNX 124's. Recently I blew one of them, and now im gonna toss both of them and I want two new subs, i have a b-day coming soon plus it's the holidays so I wanna upgrade both the subs and amp.

I must say with the sony amp and those two Polk's in MY opinion it hit pretty hard, with the bass half way, i could barely see in my mirrors and I've had praises that other people could hear it on the highway in their car...anyways.... i definatly know there is alot out there that can help me in my decision in two new subs....

I've been going thru sound domain and I'm not sure what to get. I'm big on bass and im not looking to spend like over 500$ on just subs...guess of course these are gonna be gifts from someone else i dont want them spending too much. Just wondering what you all recoommend?
Old 12-09-2003, 08:44 PM
Surfacing171
cb7 fanatic

www.edesignaudio.com

^ That is all you need. Check into their K series drivers. They have fantastic SQL, and get nice and loud. Your sony amp could stand to give them a little more power, but I think it'll be a nice upgrade. I have a buddy who has some polk subs. When I had my K's I owned him on SPL and SQ hands down. If you want lots of bass...port the subs, they will love it. Good luck :thumbup:
Old 12-09-2003, 08:59 PM
rcurley55

Everyone knows that I love image dynamics (that's why they are the only brand of speakers I run). Sound domain is having some great deals on sub and amp combos over there, so I would take a look at the IDv3 lineup.

Essentially, the IDv3's are IDQv2's with some extra SPL. I would look into two 10's or 12's depending on what kind of space you have for a box and what kind of power you want. They are one of the best buys around at less then 120 a driver.

I have heard good things about edesign, but I've never had one.
Old 12-09-2003, 09:09 PM
Surfacing171
cb7 fanatic

Originally posted by rcurley55
Everyone knows that I love image dynamics (that's why they are the only brand of speakers I run). Sound domain is having some great deals on sub and amp combos over there, so I would take a look at the IDv3 lineup.

Essentially, the IDv3's are IDQv2's with some extra SPL. I would look into two 10's or 12's depending on what kind of space you have for a box and what kind of power you want. They are one of the best buys around at less then 120 a driver.

I have heard good things about edesign, but I've never had one.
ID makes some extremely nice drivers as well. :thumbup:
Old 12-10-2003, 01:25 PM
YeaItsAFourDoor
..::-Free your mind-::..

Thanks! I'm looking at the elemental designs webpage now...I never seen anything like these before...
Old 12-10-2003, 04:19 PM
97teg

I have the 12k and like it. I have it in a .8 cu ft box and its does pretty well but needed a lot of tuning with the x over to get rid of a peaky responce with a fast roll off. Now it plays 20 hz with only 250 watts with authority. It is a hatchback though in a sedan in the trunk may need 2. I have herd the 10 o's from ed and was very impressed but a lot is proper tuning and box. Cant go wrong with id either great company great products. Those were my choices the idq (or arc that is basically the same) or 12k or 10 o.