Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

93 civic EX; help

Old 11-28-2003, 04:30 PM
frye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 civic EX; help

i just ordered a new head unit from crutchfield and they sent what was supposed to be the correct wiring harness
(honda/acura harness). unfortunately it doesnt fit. i also went an auto parts store to see if they had the correct one, still wrong. the factory stereo (i think) was in the car, but i cant seem to find a harness that fits. any suggestions on how i can find the right part?
Old 11-29-2003, 07:27 PM
Surfacing171
cb7 fanatic

Default Re: 93 civic EX; help

Originally posted by frye
i just ordered a new head unit from crutchfield and they sent what was supposed to be the correct wiring harness
(honda/acura harness). unfortunately it doesnt fit. i also went an auto parts store to see if they had the correct one, still wrong. the factory stereo (i think) was in the car, but i cant seem to find a harness that fits. any suggestions on how i can find the right part?
If you ordered from crutchfield, give them a call back and tell them you got the wrong harness. They have really great customer service. If you have the right harness, they will help you troubleshoot your system to find out where the problem is. Good Luck!
Old 11-30-2003, 11:09 AM
frye

they gave me some good help. i eventually took it somewhere to have it installed. it was worth the money since i got in there and realized it was beyond what i was capable of to get the unit installed.