Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Cd-r

Old 07-23-2002, 05:48 AM
mschultz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cd-r

Having a problem playing CD-R's in my TL deck.
The disk spins but has trouble finding the 'starting point'. Eventually it does begin playing (5 minutes) and seems to work ok. However, when I stop and start it, it has the same initial problem. I can play the exact CD-R on my home stereo or other car decks with no problem. And I can play retail music cd's on my TL deck with no problem.
Wondering if Acura will swap out my TL CD player for a new one...
Old 07-23-2002, 06:00 AM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Default Re: Cd-r

Originally posted by mschultz
Having a problem playing CD-R's in my TL deck.
The disk spins but has trouble finding the 'starting point'. Eventually it does begin playing (5 minutes) and seems to work ok. However, when I stop and start it, it has the same initial problem. I can play the exact CD-R on my home stereo or other car decks with no problem. And I can play retail music cd's on my TL deck with no problem.
Wondering if Acura will swap out my TL CD player for a new one...
for that reason? its worth a shot. all they can do is :slap:
Old 07-23-2002, 08:18 AM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

Not all cd-r's are created equal. Try a different brand cd-r. Memorex have been the best at playing in all cd players for me...
Old 07-23-2002, 09:06 AM
smokedogg

Originally posted by SiClone
Not all cd-r's are created equal. Try a different brand cd-r. Memorex have been the best at playing in all cd players for me...
:werd:

i find i have the same sort of problem with certain kinds of cd-r's on certain players. try copying that cd onto a different brand cd.
Old 07-23-2002, 03:19 PM
LjN_728

Is this a factory cd player? Cuz u kno just that it's a cd player, doesn't mean it'll play cd-R's.